Dr. Schroeder is also competent and credentialed in many gynecologic procedures including:
- Nexplanon contraceptive implant.
- Mirena IUD (for contraception and to help decrease menstrual bleeding and pain).
- Colposcopy and LEEP (in office evaluation and treatment of abnormal PAPs/pre-cancerous changes of the cervix).
- In-office NovaSure endometrial ablation (to decrease uterine bleeding and menstrual cramps).
- Operative hysteroscopy for endometrial ablation, removal of fibroids, polyps, uterine septa, lost IUD’s etc.
- Trans-obturator, suburethral sling (now the “gold standard” for out-patient treatment of stress urinary incontinence).
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures for myomectomy, total or supracervical hysterectomy, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cystectomy, appendectomy, treatment of endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, etc.
- Da Vinci Robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy. Dr. Schroeder completed additional training and credentialing for robotic surgery in 2007.
- Microsurgical tubal reanastomosis (putting tubes back together after sterilization).